The new Canteen and Bar facility at the Morry Breen Complex is now operational. The construction sits on the footprint of the old canteen and bar which had been in place in different iterations for almost 40 years. Needless to say the new structure, built by Con-Structions, is a welcome addition and is certain to be well patronized. Jobbo’s is named after Club stalwart Herb Jobson who came to Wyong from the Illawarra in 1945 to pursue work as a fisherman. Jobbo married into the Clouten clan and was involved with the Club from its reformation in 1960 until his death in 1996, investing much of his own money to ensure the ongoing survival and eventual success of the Club.
Jobbo was one of the many who dug the well from which the Club’s current members now drink.
Pictured: Life Members Denis Smith (l), Les Hannah, Hylton Robinson & John Clouten enjoy the first beers served at the new Jobbo’s Bar whilst remembering the man whose name it bears.